EGIT – Economic Geography and International Trade Research Meeting
Volker Nitsch has been organizing – jointly with Gabriel Felbermayr (Ifo Institute, University of Munich) and Jens Südekum (Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics, DICE) – the Economic Geography and International Trade Research Meeting since 2010.
Researchers who are specialized in regional/urban economics and international trade come together in order to share their ideas and comment on each other’s research papers. The meetings encourage interaction and discussion between the researchers, so that new ideas and joint projects can be initiated. Any theoretical or empirical paper discussing the topics of economic geography or international trade is welcomed. This includes topics in urban economics, regional economics, new economic geography, international trade, foreign direct investment, and the economics of multinational firms.
The EGIT meetings aim at young researchers and Ph.D. students. Senior scholars are invited to participate and take actively part in the discussions and give guidance to younger scholars.
The 9th Annual Meeting on Economic Geography and International Trade will take place in Dusseldorf on 16-17 February 2018. The deadline for submitting was January 05, 2018. Please have a look at the Call for Papers and the Program.
- EGIT 2018 (Dusseldorf, 16-17 February 2018) Program, Group photo
- EGIT 2017 (Munich, 24-25 February 2017) Program, Group photo
- EGIT 2016 (Frankfurt/Main, 19-20 February 2016) Program, Group photo
- EGIT 2015 (Dusseldorf, 20-21 March 2015) Program
- EGIT 2014 (Munich, 7-8 March 2014) Program
- EGIT 2013 (Berlin, 22-23 February 2013) Program
- EGIT 2012 (Duisburg, 24-25 February 2012) Program
- EGIT 2011 (Munich, 25-26 March 2011) Program
- EGIT 2010 (Darmstadt, 21-22 January 2010) Program